Looking for small (physical size) PSU

g0slp 14:47 24 Jun 2003

I'm having great difficulty sourcing a new small PSU, dimensions 100mm wide x 124mm deep x 64mm high, mounted to the case using 3 screws. 200W preferred, although 150W would do at a pinch.

Suggestions gratefully received

Thanks in advance

g0slp

g0slp 17:53 24 Jun 2003

Anybody?

Valvegrid 18:05 24 Jun 2003

Hi Mark,

Do they make small new 200W psu's that size now-a-days? They are usually much bigger than that because of the large amount of power required by the extra hardware added these days.

I'll have a look at work and see if there's any there and let you know.

73 Paul G4LNA.

Don't think they sell them anymore. Why don't you just get a new 300W ATX case for about £15 from click here

g0slp 19:18 24 Jun 2003

You know how it is - trying to save the pennies!

Problem has arisen after a local "expert" upgraded the machine in question from a 450MHz machine to 1300MHz, with additional memory too. Nice spec, but unfortunately he didn't check the PSU, which only 150W, hence "BANG".

Not my machine, I hasten to add........

Thanks again anyway. Will search further for a couple of days, but as the Schwartz suggests, I may have to get a new case. Hope the mobo fits....

-pops- 19:25 24 Jun 2003

Doesn't your "expert" have any sense of guilt about being so incompetent?

As a one time regular computer builder, I had liability insurance for just such an event as this. I never needed to use it though, I took care in what I did.

Brian

g0slp 17:06 26 Jun 2003

Eventually bit the bullet & got that cheap new case from ebuyer - all well now.

Pops, no, there was no shame, embarrassment or sense of responsibility on the part of this "expert" - his response was that it was working OK when it left his workshop, & it was a few days before it failed anyway.......

I could pursue the matter, but as I sorted things out for less than £20 it's not worth the aggravation. I won't be recommending this joker to anyone though.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?