Looking for a new PDA

Jsimbaz 22:23 22 Feb 2005

i would like to buy a new pda, but with so many out ther I wonder if u guys can help...
Budget: up to £200

Features:
must hav wLAN

bluetooth would be good

good for web browsing

thanx. josh

hugh-265156 00:19 23 Feb 2005

the dell axim x50v gets a good write up in this months PCA but its £350.

i dont know much about PDA's sorry.

Kate B 01:28 23 Feb 2005

Jsimbaz, you might have to up the budget - Bluetooth and wifi come at a bit of a price.

I use an Ipaq 4150 which seems to be around the £275 mark - worth the dosh, I think, as it has both Bluetooth and wifi, is small and light and pretty powerful. It runs Pocket PC and handles the web well.

Have a look at this thread click here
which is a discussion about PDAs including my musings on the pros and cons of Pocket PC vs Palm.

Jsimbaz 16:26 23 Feb 2005

thanx guys

bremner 19:47 23 Feb 2005

Just seen this on Amazon - seems to be what you want. click here

pharte 20:14 23 Feb 2005

try this guy ......click here

Demora 20:33 23 Feb 2005

click here

I know its a bit more than you asked BUT the newer T5 is made of Plastic and not as robust. And although no wifi this can beadded later. I have had a T3 for 12 months and its been brilliant.

Loads of free software out there too.

It also keps its charge very well.

Demora

Jsimbaz 22:29 23 Feb 2005

that looks great, but a bit skeptivcal about buying second hand from mazon, as i've never done it before. Can anyone give me any advice??

josh.

Jsimbaz 22:31 23 Feb 2005

i looked at the site, and it looks good, but there are no refeurbished units atm.

will check back later, thanx 4 the link

Jsimbaz 22:33 23 Feb 2005

been looking for a couple of days now and have come to a stick in the road! Pocket PC or Palm??? any more help appreciated.

josh.

Demora 22:56 23 Feb 2005

Both are good BUT pocket PC (as with Microsoft) tend to be memory hungry. Palm also have a few glitches but there response to problems if you buy new and register on the UK site Not VIA the installation software seem very good. Sent my other half a new TE (even tho he'd bought it in the USA) free of charge. And I've always had good response from there help centre online.

Also The T3 has a good screen (as does the T5) Best thing to do is to go into PC World or somewhere and have a good test run. Then shop around

Demora

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?