Looking for dreamweaver CS3 step by step book

erkmatrix 09:13 07 Jun 2008

Hi I wonder if anyone knows of decent Dreamweaver book that actually starts from scratch and teaches you how to build a site. All the ones like Missing Manual, Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3 that I bought seem to just tell how to do random things with the new CS3 features and that but never take a beginner from scratch to build a site. Yeah I know it has to cover all of the programs features but it would be nice for one author to actually do some step by step process of him building a website and I'm sure that would be far more help than a massive book of complicated stuff that most people will probably never need.

Does anyone know of a book or tutorial, or course even that they have done

I do find Dreamweaver hard to get to grips with, its just so complex at what it can do.

Cheers

Cabochon 17:48 19 Jun 2008

check out youtube etc - they have a bunch of tutorials on dreamweaver etc..
I`m in the same position as you, so post anything good you come up with!

erkmatrix 21:17 29 Jun 2008

Hi Yeah Dreamweaver is such a huge program it maybe just beyond my intelligence, I learn something then a week later I've forgot how to do something again. I won't give up but it is a hard program, shame it couldn't be more like frontpage.

I have bought one of the Lynda dreamweaver CS3 tutorial vids and its fairly good, working slowly through it. I have one on fireworks too which I loved.

I'll have a look on youtube too cheers

gerri-atrick 22:34 02 Jul 2008

Try "Dreamweaver cs3 in easy steps", it is probably a good book for beginners - if there is such a thing, all things about designing a site is complexed, the book is also good for looking up the easy bits you forget ;)

Dreamweaver kinda mushrooms out the more you learn, so there is no easy way to learn the basics, by reading the book, practising with it and using it as a reference then it is as good as it gets ...and it only costs a tenner :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?