Looking for best option for portable wifi

Lilboss 14:36 02 Mar 2018

I'm looking for the best option for portable WiFi. I'm on the go alot. I've been looking at different options as far as portable devices and services but to be honest, there are too many things I don't understand or have never heard of. I've seen MiFi, dongles, modems, routers, dongles with routers, etc... If I get a dongles with a router do I still need a computer or laptop to plug it in to? Do I then need phone service as well? I'm looking for something I can buy and then top up when needed instead of going through a home service provider. I also have no computer at the moment. I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me any advice. I would so greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Secret-Squirrel 18:15 02 Mar 2018

I've seen MiFi..............

Forget all the other options - MiFi is what you need. It's basically a small mobile router that connects to a mobile network and acts as a WiFi hotspot. Here's an example of a pay-as-you-go one if you're in the UK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)