Long boot up time !!!!

Petesilver 19:47 31 Aug 2008

can anyone point me in the right direction to try and get a faster boot up time I have tried most things but to no avail.......I have look in the datbase and tried a few things but no luck
I have copied the task manager so you can see what i have running but I don't know how to post it ?
I Have programs like
avast antivirus
zone alarm
acronis true image 11
ashampoo magical defrag
plus many more I don't understand

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 31 Aug 2008

Cut down on the programs that load at startup -- Start - Run type msconfig - startup tab- untick everything except for firewall, antivirus and antispyware

and the services that run in the background. click here

woodchip 21:16 31 Aug 2008

Is Avast doing a Virus scan at boot?

Petesilver 21:42 31 Aug 2008

no avast is not doing a scan....only wish I knew what it was as it takes about 5+ minutes to boot up

Petesilver 22:41 31 Aug 2008

Thanks baldydave
I have down loaded it but it seems a bit to much for me to know what to do but its extremely interesting but I am sure i wouls be unticking things i shouldn't

Petesilver 13:17 01 Sep 2008

Hello Buteman
well once it has finished booting up all seems fine and as you say idle system is showing about
90% there seems to be a couple of item ticking away at single figures thats svchost.exe and vsmon.exe

Petesilver 16:43 01 Sep 2008

Hi buteman
well i downloaded winasco there were about 50 errors so i got rid of those i untick some progs but left these ??
ATIPTA
avast
carp service
defrag taskbar (ashampoo magical defrag)
deskup (iomega\drive icons\
logitec utility
LVCOMS
nForce tray options
spamfighter agent
windows defender
zbrowser launcher (logitec)
Roboform
rocketdock

seems a lot I know but i have unticked some before and when i do they don't load si I can use them is roboform and
spamfighter but perhaps you can help me with some of them

Petesilver 16:53 01 Sep 2008

sorry buteman
I have told you about my system
its.....windows XP Home edition service Pack3
AMD athlon 2400+ 2ghz 1gb Ram

Petesilver 17:22 01 Sep 2008

don't think that ATIPTA is a problem as it belongs to; C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe

Do you ?? what about the rest

Petesilver 17:25 01 Sep 2008

can't change ram 1gb is max i can use anyway there always seems to be plenty of spare when I check

lotvic 22:15 01 Sep 2008

please no swearing on this forum it is not necessary and is not polite.

To be helpful I would advise you to start your own thread and not hijack this one.

When you post your 'New topic for Discussion' please give the name of your anti virus program that you wish to stop scanning on boot up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7 Pro review

Why Jeron Braxton mixes politics with Playstation visuals - and how he's already the 'world's best '…

iPhone XR 2019 release date, price & specs rumours

Comment faire une sauvegarde de son PC ?