Logitech Wireless keyboard install to laptop

swapper 19:39 19 Jan 2017

Windows 10, How do I set up a logitech wireless keyboard K270, to my laptop, the keyboard has one dongle. I have a seperate Advent wireless mouse.

Thank you

Govan1x 22:51 19 Jan 2017

Is it the same dongle that you got with the Keyboard. If so you need to download the unifying tool from logitech.

There should be a button underneath the keyboard that you slide on to connect to the dongle.

Click here

swapper 07:44 20 Jan 2017

Thanks Govanix, Yes, One dongle came with the keyboard, which is now working, I don't know how or why? but I put the dongle into the Laptop and it worked. There is not a button underneath the keyboard but a port for another dongle?? which is now empty. do you know why this is available? I have not attempted your link yet, should I still do so to update or something? Thanks again

Govan1x 09:38 20 Jan 2017

If working leave it as it is.The unifying tool is only if you have to match anything else to it, Mouse etc.

The port underneath I am not sure about. Think it is for keeping a spare dongle in or the one in use if no longer needed.

I had a keyboard and mouse so needed the unifyer. It had a sliding switch underneath for switching it on and off. I suppose they are all different.

As long as it is working leave it the way it is.

swapper 17:06 20 Jan 2017

Thank you and.........goodbye

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

A new magazine aims to educate kids about food with some very edgy artwork

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment arrĂȘter la lecture automatique sur Netflix ?