Logging Off

peterleemaxwell 14:39 30 May 2003

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else had the problem I have at the moment and could give advice (O.S. XP Home). Having four 'users', it's when I go to close down and log off. It goes normally, darkens the screen, but will not work. 'Switch User' works fine. I have to do it via the 3 buttons 'Alt+Ctrl+Delete' (Works Task Manager), and that works fine. How do I re-establish the link for the button? Hope I get an answer.
Thanks,
Lee

peterleemaxwell 16:54 30 May 2003

Thanks AndySD, I'll give it a try. I think you have helped me in the past, for which I am very grateful.

peterleemaxwell 18:02 30 May 2003

Tried it but no improvement. I really didn't want to re-install but may have to. I'll keep going until something else goes and then put a fresh windows back on. Thanks anyway for your help.

peterleemaxwell 19:55 30 May 2003

Hi SpikeyChris,
It happens every time I go 'Start/Log off' for my user. The 'Switch User' button still works,
as does the on when you press the 3 buttons to get the Windows Task Manager. I press to log off and it does. As this is a 'work-a-round' I can still operate, but would like to try to find if I could re-introduce this buttons action. It could be well hidden within Windows. Thanks for youe input.

peterleemaxwell 20:47 30 May 2003

Hi SpikeyChris,
Looked where you suggested, WoW, never know about that area. There is a lot of error signs.
I look through them+study. Thanks very much for your help. Without people as helpful as yourself
we would all have a lot more problems. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)