location of systems info

novis 10:45 28 May 2009

I've just installed new memory to my laptop - can any one remind me where I can find the systems specs so that I can confirm I've installed it correctly.

I run MS Vista.

birdface 10:54 28 May 2009

SIW will tell you everything you have on your computer.

click here

ambra4 11:03 28 May 2009

Right Click - My Computer – Properties will show you the speed of the CPU and the amount of

memory installed at bottom of the display

birdface 11:10 28 May 2009

Or in XP it is all programs.Accessories .System tools. System information.
But probably better using SIW a handy tool to have arround.

novis 11:29 28 May 2009

It would also be helpful to know the Vista equivalent of My Computer so that I can apply this advice from the forum:

click here

Anyone with tips on optimising my system which runs Vista would be helpful. I've run CCleaner; WinASO registry optimiser, Advanced Systems Care.

Is there anything else that would be worth the space [ my hard drive is 80GB partitioned]

novis 17:37 28 May 2009

SIW only seems to work with XP - my system puts up error message stating that it is not a valid Win32 application - denying it access.

2) My Computer is also UI assume an XP designation - where can i find it / its equivalent in Vista?

Technotiger 17:42 28 May 2009
  novis 18:44 28 May 2009

SIW (above) only seems to work with XP - my system puts up error message stating that it is not a valid Win32 application - denying it access.

2)" My Computer is" is I believe, an Windows XP designation - where can i find it / its equivalent in Vista? .

Technotiger 18:46 28 May 2009

Have you looked at my Click-here??

novis 19:28 28 May 2009

Yes - I did check out the info re putting 'Computer' [as I discover it's called in Vista] onto the taskbar - however i8t didnt bring up my syspem's specs.

However, right clicking on 'Computer' in the START menu brought up the info I wanted.

Because I was loking for an ikon in the taskbar I overlooked that it came up as Computer - and now I have a copy I'd like to delete - help please.

Technotiger 19:32 28 May 2009

Do you mean, an icon on the desktop? If so, just right-click on the icon and choose Delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)