Local Area Connection

Lietuviux 14:24 30 Jun 2008

Ok i have this problem for 'bout a year and i cant fix this,
it allways says "Local Area Connection, Limited or no Connectivity" and internet connection is really slow because of this , but i can connect to the internet everytim i want , tho it disconnects me every 1-5 hours if iam lucky ~10 hours max :o I tried a lot of shiit but nothing helps so ill post some screens. btw it happened when i reinstalled my windows and i didnt knew what network adapter i need so i downloaded realtek.
Iam using modem to connect to the internet , iam not really good at this stuff so if anyone can help me it would be awesome !
[img]click here[/img]
[img]click here[/img]
[img]click here[/img]

[img]click here[/img]
[img]click here[/img]
[img]click here[/img]

B>So Please Help me ! Thanks for answers And sorry for bad english /B>

brundle 17:35 30 Jun 2008

You're using an ADSL broadband-via-phone-line connection, correct? Make & model of modem? `DSL Takas` would suggest ADSL in which case the Local Area Connection is irrelevant. It's for your RJ45 network connector.

You can untick TCP/IP v6.

Check your cables and your ADSL filters.

Lietuviux 18:55 30 Jun 2008

"You're using an ADSL broadband-via-phone-line connection, correct?" YES

"Make & model of modem?" ZXDSL 831All (831 Series)

Ok i unticked TCP/IP v6. i think my cables are good, but what about IP address 169.xxx.xxx.xxx , i saw ppl saying that its not good to have ip adress like that i tried everything but it doesnt help ;/

brundle 00:31 01 Jul 2008

Again, that address is reported by your Local Area Connection/RJ45 - not relevant if you are connecting via a USB modem to ADSL broadband. 169 etc is an IP address allocated automatically by Windows when it can't find a DHCP server. As your RJ45/LAN connection is not connected to anything at all, that is the address-range that will appear when you check the settings.

ADSL connections and dropouts are confined to phone-line quality, distance from your local exchange, the speed of your PC to some extent as the machine has to convert a USB signal into network information, driver version/revision, modem/router make and model and firmware. You need to access the line-stats for your modem. This site has loads of excellent information about ADSL - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)