up loading photos

ordep 15:56 15 Jan 2010

I'd like to upload photos from my camera directly to the picture library in W7.
At he moment there not going there, simply appearing on screen in a series of numbers and tiny pictures.
Hope that makes sense.

mgmcc 16:30 15 Jan 2010

Photos are .jpg files so, depending how the folder is set to display its contents, they could just be a series of numbers (the file names of the photos) and tiny pictures (icons).

The "view" options for a folder in Windows 7 are:

- Extra large icons
- Large icons
- Medium icons
- Small icons
- List
- Details
- Tiles

Try changing to "Large icons", which will display a little version of each picture.

ordep 16:44 15 Jan 2010

Thanks for your response mgmcc.
I'm now displaying the pictures ok but, there not opening in picture library as yet.

mgmcc 16:49 15 Jan 2010

If, for whatever reason, they are in the wrong folder, you should be able to select them all and then "drag & drop" them into the "Libraries > Pictures" folder.

...if I've understood correctly.

john bunyan 16:49 15 Jan 2010

Have you created a folder for them? Suggest you create a folder such as "Imported photos" , then copy and paste. I find it easier to take out the SD card and import photos using a card reader. I kept the XP file system even in W7 - ie I have "My Documents" with sub folders such as "My Photos" . Then I "tell" the W7 library where they are (In my case on a seperate , data, partition. I do not keep them in the default library - I use it as an index.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)