Lite-On 160gb hard drive shows 32gb

foxesden 19:27 31 Jul 2018
Answered

Hi everyone, I pulled a 160gb Seagate hard drive from a Lite-On DVD recorder, but it is only showing 32gb in Disk Management. I want to use this drive as storage. I have it hooked up to my laptop via a SATA/USB cable and power pack. When I look at the properties for this drive (F) I see HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GA10N - DVD/CD Rom Drives, ST3160022ACE USB Device - Disk Drives, ST9160310AS - Disk Drives.

When I look at it in Disk Management I see 2 partitions, 200mb Healthy (EFI System Partition), Lite-On (F), 31.3gb FAT32, Healthy (Primary)

Can anyone help me restore this HD to 160gb? Grateful for any help.

foxesden 20:54 31 Jul 2018
Answer

Solved! I removed the jumpers, deleted the partitions and ran the first aid. Now shows 159.7gb so all is good. Thanks for looking anyway.

foxesden 20:59 31 Jul 2018

Thanks Archie44, I did look at that, but the hidden partition was not showing anywhere. I guess it was something to do with the way the unit was set up for the HDD DVD recorder by Lite-on.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)