Linux Question

woodchip 22:51 20 Aug 2003

After creating about 6 coasters, I have managed to extract files from the .ISO images onto three CD's but how do I get it to fire up from DOS? I have changed bios to start from CD but it ignores the number one CD, I know it will boot from CD in DOS as I have done it before with Redmond Linux and Mandrake 8.1 but this as licked me at the moment

woodchip 22:54 20 Aug 2003

Redhat 9 onto free space on drive running at mo 98

woodchip 22:54 20 Aug 2003

Redhat 9 onto free space on drive running at mo 98

woodchip 23:01 20 Aug 2003

It's Redhat that I whan to load though

woodchip 23:02 20 Aug 2003

want not whan

woodchip 23:28 20 Aug 2003

I would like to know

woodchip 17:53 21 Aug 2003

The Story So far!!!!!! Made more coasters than ?British Home Stores? have. I do not know if CDRW drive on it's way out, that another story, I will be back on to night to let you know on the further developments. AS I have copied files to HD into a folder, Clicked on autoboot.bat that got it started, but it seems as if it looking for the ISO file as an Image so I have now copied these to same folder . And will see what happens later on I will keep you informed as this could be a lesson for others. I am off out now see you later

hugh-265156 19:56 21 Aug 2003

woodchip,it sounds to me like a corrupt iso download.it should be bootable.i had this problem with mandrake 9 the first time i downloaded it.try downloading it again.check the md5 checksums click here

powerless 20:32 21 Aug 2003

Yup agree with the hugster, corrupt download...

To install linux you need the CD bootable. If your CD drive supports botting from a CD then your ok but i think the download is corrupt.

I have the CD's i could mmake a copy for you ;-)

woodchip 22:24 21 Aug 2003

Sorry not download, but of a mag DVD. Right I created a folder in C:\ just called it B loaded the autoboot.bat files to this directory and all three Image.iso files started the install with autoboot, all goes well but then it comes to the point of where the images are so I point it to B but says no such directory but I am using the Dos syntax for the drive should I be using the linux hdv1 or whatever it's called to point it to the right drive and directory. As it say's it cannot see the Images

woodchip 00:00 22 Aug 2003

Managed to start install but stuck on the partitioning. It's poor setup at the side of Mandrake 8.2 I have 7Gb free space and it will not auto configure this space for Redhat 9 Druid partitioning software is a nightmare to use. As there is no help with it. I created a Linux3 partition with Acronis Disc Administrator but it would not accept it. Where to go from hear???????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?