linking PCs to broadband

  K9P 19:48 26 Feb 2005

I need to link another PC to my broadband enabled one, but it is about 50 metres cable length away, and I worry that wireless connection thru three walls and a roof may not get there. also have other wireless controlled devices in house from doorbell to lights etc.Should I go cable route or wireless?
noel hargood

  Spark6 20:03 26 Feb 2005

Please post in network forum, more likely to get response!

Good luck

  slimbo51 20:25 26 Feb 2005

At about 50m would be best to use a router and hard wire.

No interference probs and more stable.

Laying the cable can be a pain, but then who said life was going to be easy anyway.

Good Luck.

  pharte 23:08 26 Feb 2005

nothing wrong with drilling a small hole in your window frame and clipping the cable up your wall and back in through another window just like your phone wire. If you plan it correctly you can crimp a plug onto the bare wire end to keep the holes smaller.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?