Line in, Device?

  [DELETED] 23:22 11 Dec 2003

Hi i was wondering, as i have a lot of devices for listening to music, i.e. a minidisk player or a cd player. Well all soundcards or mobos have a line in socket and was wondering if i could transfer the music from a minidisk or tape or cd to my pc using that line in socket? What equipment would i need and software?

  [DELETED] 23:23 11 Dec 2003

U can use M/Player to do this if U wish aswell.

  [DELETED] 23:25 11 Dec 2003

You need a jackplug from any old shop that sells Hifi and audio stuff. Plug it in and it plays into your PC so you can record, save and then do what you want with the WAV file.

  [DELETED] 00:02 12 Dec 2003

A stereo jack into your line in port will do the trick, but you will need software to record onto , to manipulate the music and convert the new WAV. file into a compressed MP3 format. Wav. files take up an awful lot of space!

Steinberg's Cubasis VST is like a virtual music studio, which also has "Wavelab Lite" bundled with it (£40-50 from PC World) More than enough software to handle what you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Meet Superfiction, the little design studio with a load of character

Best Mac buying guide 2018

Comment résoudre les problèmes de connexion internet d’un iPhone ?