Lightscribe software,help please

iqs 15:13 24 May 2008

Hi,I will be buying a lightscribe DVDRW on Tuesday,I was wondering what free software I will need to burn the labels for the disc's,and any advice.
Any forum members out there using lightscribe technology please.

Cheers

g0nvs 15:50 24 May 2008

All you need is here & free.
click here

Technotiger 16:09 24 May 2008

g0nvs is absolutely correct - great software and loads of free templates, covering lots of different subjects. I burnt my first Lightscribe CD last week, just followed on-screen prompts, no problem - took about 18 mins to make the label-burn.

iqs 16:40 24 May 2008

and thank you both for the help.Will I have to enable the Lightscribe option in my services first.I disabled it because it was not required?.
Cheers

Technotiger 16:52 24 May 2008

I don't remember whether I did or not - it won't hurt I guess either way, the hardware/software will surely guide you.

iqs 16:55 24 May 2008

Technotiger

conrail 16:52 29 Dec 2008

thanks for above, just got a new pc with lightscribe that said burn - turn - burn, so wondered what this was, thanks to this and other posts now know

Technotiger 16:59 29 Dec 2008

Burn-turn-Burn simply means burn your data in the normal way, as with any DVD/CD, then turn the disc over to burn the label!

conrail 21:30 29 Dec 2008

thanks Technotiger, learned something new today, I appreciate your reply

MarvintheAndroid 00:44 30 Dec 2008

Here's a tip - if you take out your disk and the label side is not dark enough, you can pop it back in and burn the label again. The CD / DVD knows which way round it is and will line up exactly.

Marv

MarvintheAndroid 00:45 30 Dec 2008

Here's a tip - if you take out your disk and the label side is not dark enough, you can pop it back in and burn the label again. The CD / DVD knows which way round it is and will line up exactly.

Marv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Sam Falconer transforms science and geology into digestible, elegant illustrations

HomePod review

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2018)