Lights on tower never turn off

timitm 16:57 27 Nov 2003

Eversince I have upgraded my computers. The Power light on the tower and scroll lock light on the keyboard remains on even when has been shutdown. Is there any way to turn them off?

Mr_Nice_Guy 16:58 27 Nov 2003

how did you upgrade your computer? build? or bought another one?

rickf 17:08 27 Nov 2003

A guess w/o further info is that you have connected the cables wrongly.

timitm 16:19 28 Nov 2003

I upgraded old computer and I have only one place to put my power cable, please still help.

nidow 17:01 28 Nov 2003

I have a keyboard that keeps the num lock light on. It is a fault with the keyboard might de the same se with your keyboard.
For the power light try restarting the system from windows and before windows starts turn off the computer using the power button and see if the light goes out. If it does then its your OS that’s causing it if not the wire might be in the wrong place look on the board to see if it tells you were you should plug in the cable as the mainbord instruction might be wrong.

wee eddie 22:35 28 Nov 2003

When you say you upgraded your PC. What did you actually do?

What hardware?

What software?

What OS?

This might help others guess the problem.

I notice in this thread click here you say that you have not changed the PC and that you have another PC. Is this a third PC or one of these two?

DieSse 23:14 28 Nov 2003

"Is there any way to turn them off?"

Unplug or switch off at the mains.

Normal system power down on an ATX system (all modern systems are ATX powered), does not remove power from the motherboard - so it's not that unusual for lights to stay on in some systems and keyboards.

DieSse 23:15 28 Nov 2003

.... particularly on older systems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?