Lights remote turn on 12 volt

Smurray06 11:04 09 Mar 2018

Hi I want to turn on a 12volt light 1000 mtrs away what would be the cheapest and easiest way

Forum Editor 11:39 09 Mar 2018

Assuming that the light already has a power supply, can you not do it with a timer, or are the turn-on times at random intervals?

If that's the case, you need something like this.

Smurray06 19:31 09 Mar 2018

The light is a 12volt red light at a rifle range .they have red flags at the top of a hill.i thought to replace them with a light and not have to go climbing up hills .any thoughts

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:26 09 Mar 2018

or click here UK band

legal

Forum Editor 09:53 10 Mar 2018

"they have red flags at the top of a hill.i thought to replace them with a light"

There are very strict regulations governing the use of firing ranges, and you should consult with the range operators before making any alterations to safety procedures - have you done that?

Power to a red light can fail, causing the light to go out - that can't happen with red flags.

Smurray06 19:16 10 Mar 2018

Yes it's true the power could stop .but then the flag could blow away or the cord could break that's why there is range safety officers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)