Hot Topics

LG TV Wifi Issue when trying to connect my laptop

jude4896 06:39 20 Nov 2019

Recently purchased a new LG 4K tv and i have been trying to connect my laptop via wifi or miracast, but its not connecting. When contacted LG, they asked me to update the OS, but there is no update when i checked, its still 4.2 version. When i searched in Google i got this image of 5.3 click here did any one here received this 5.3 update ?

difarn 09:02 20 Nov 2019

I don't know what you have tried but the first step seems to be to check that you have the correct location. Have you seen this video from YouTube?

click here

Brian Hamilton 07:02 21 Nov 2019

According to the image you posted, unless I am mistaken the TV is an LG LH604T, not quite a 4KTV as the unit was manufactured in 2016.

Jollyjohn 10:40 21 Nov 2019

Are they on the same wifi network?? I ask because my son recently discovered his phone, on 2,4ghz, won't connect to the tv, on 5ghz, because the ssid's are different.

Flat Earther 13:18 21 Nov 2019

You can go to the LG site and download the latest software for your TV and update via USB.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique