LG DVD player - Disc Error

andyjck208 18:31 09 Apr 2018

Hi. I recently bought a 2nd hand LG HT805TH 5.1 surround sound with DVD player etc. No matter what disc I put in, it would spin then get spat out with "Disc Err" written on the unit. I bought a DVD cleaning disc from Maplin and the DVD player recognised the disc and plays it like normal! What on earth is going on? Please help! Andy

wee eddie 20:27 09 Apr 2018

Take/Send it back

andyjck208 21:03 09 Apr 2018

I bought the whole system for £50 and the USB, aux and all speakers work but it's main use would have been for the kids DVDs. I can't take it back, must be +5 years old

wee eddie 22:11 09 Apr 2018

They probably sold it because it stopped working.

You've been conned.

Having said that, you may be able to get a DVD Player that will work with your PC and therefor the Speakers unless they require an auxiliary Amplified

alanrwood 09:42 10 Apr 2018

What region is the player set to and what region are the DVDs you are trying to play.

Can you play music CDs on it.

andyjck208 10:05 10 Apr 2018

Hi Alan. I can't play any CD's other than the cleaning CD

alanrwood 19:11 10 Apr 2018

OK,this is inconsistent. You have said it is a DVD then a CD, which? Is the cleaning disk a CD or a DVD.

A DVD drive has 2 lasers incorporated. The first is for reading/writing DVDs, the second for reading/writing CDs which works at a longer wavelength.

You also have not answered what region the DVD is set to.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?