Lexmark Z22 not printing

the lone ranger 21:21 06 Oct 2004

I have a poxy printer that came as a package and with Win ME it worked perfectly well. Since I upgraded to XP the thing won`t print. I`ve un/re-installed the driver several times and is recognised as ok in the device manager. It also prints a test page no problem.
any thoughts to a remedy guys??

howard60 22:26 06 Oct 2004

you do not say if you have looked for an up to date driver from Lexmark? If there is not a specific xp one look for a win 2000 one.

Androcles 22:29 06 Oct 2004

Have you got it set as your default printer ranger? Regards.

the lone ranger 22:34 06 Oct 2004

I have to both points guys. What I forgot to add was that it printed last week for some strange reason and has went back to not printing again.
Spooky !!!!!

Androcles 23:27 06 Oct 2004

Try this ranger,unplug the printer from the computer,then uninstall the software,then plug the printer back in,the found new hardware wizard should
come up,now let XP find a driver for the printer, or browse and find it yourself. I usually browse it's faster.Regards.

the lone ranger 23:29 06 Oct 2004

Cheers mate......I`l try that.

Andy

the lone ranger 18:10 07 Oct 2004

Dunno what I did but after uninstalling the software my PC crashed and couldn`t get past the windows logo. Tried re-booting from disc with same result. Started in safe mode no problem but couldn`t suss the problem. I re-formatted my PC so have now lost the lot(sob-sob).....music, pics, programmes etc and my printer STILL didn`t work. It`s now resting in the bucket.
Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?