lexmark 1150 printer

denis93c 00:47 26 Sep 2003

i have just bought a lexmark 1150 all in one printer of qvc.
i am used to picture express 2000 for printing out photo`s.
have i gone totally stupid or do you lot agree,i cannot make head nor tails of the lexmark 1150.
all i wanted to do was print out best quality a4 picture and put 4 pictures into an a4 sheet,oh no
my iq has just dropped down 147,i am reborn
ps.the pic i do get are grainy(ga ga ga).
thanks folks.

Stuartli 01:03 26 Sep 2003

I've just had my first experience with a Lexmark printer - the 601 - owned by a friend.

Compared to my seven-year-old Canon BJC 600e, which still produces superb printouts, it's flimsy, feels as though it will fall apart if you lift the lid too quickly and the cost of cartridges is over the moon.

I buy compatible cartridges for my Canon (it has black, cyan, megenta and yellow requirements) at under £2 each, with double capacity black at £2.40.

At one time JR had packs with TWO cartridges in for the same price but, even so, the 600e inexpensive to run and is certainly built to last.

Mind you it cost £340 plus VAT at Makro in 1996 - today a similar performing Canon printer is a third or less of that price.

Stuartli 01:03 26 Sep 2003

I've just had my first experience with a Lexmark printer - the 601 - owned by a friend.

Compared to my seven-year-old Canon BJC 600e, which still produces superb printouts, it's flimsy, feels as though it will fall apart if you lift the lid too quickly and the cost of cartridges is over the moon.

I buy compatible cartridges for my Canon (it has black, cyan, megenta and yellow requirements) at under £2 each, with double capacity black at £2.40.

At one time JR had packs with TWO cartridges in for the same price but, even so, the 600e inexpensive to run and is certainly built to last.

Mind you it cost £340 plus VAT at Makro in 1996 - today a similar performing Canon printer is a third or less of that price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?