Lew FPS with high end setup

Adrian X 10:56 12 May 2019

Hi All,

I am having some problems with my PC setup. I am running CPU - intel iCore i5 8600K (turbo mode) GPU - nVidia GEForce 2070 RTX RAM - crucial DDR4 2133 MHz 1x16gb more information about my system: click here was hoping to run Games like Total War warhammer 2 at 1080p with 100+ fps but I can barely squeeze out stable 60 fps, and there are FPS stutters clearly visible on the video below: click here help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I am sure my setup should be much better but somehow everygame I run I am totally dissapointed with.

Please let me know if there is any more information that I could provide. I am happy to record more videos, because this issue is extremely frustrating for me, especially since I have spent so much money on it.

I will be eternally gratefull if you help me solve this one.

I Please

KEITH 1955 16:50 12 May 2019

ok so a few tips , I got a new custom built rig 3 years ago when the gtx 1080 first came out , I note from the video clip you are using the nvidea experience program , I did and it caused me all sorts of problems because the program THINKS it know best . uninstall the experience software ad the entry for it in start up menu , go do graphics card update yourself on the web site , during install choose custom and UNTICK the experience bit or you will get it again.

next , choose a troublesome game and if it plays up put ALL settings to lowest just to see what happens , if the same things happen you could have a faulty card , just because its new does not mean it is now faulty.

why did you choose i5 when the latest processors are i7.

run memory test in windows program listing.

in the in game chat ask others if what you are playing is capped at 60fps , example tanki x is one that is capped.

put your list of parts into a pc builders "build my pc" to see if it throws up any mismatch

I looked at screen choice 47" and a 24" try each monitor separately , even though you have a very good card you could be asking too much of it but maybe somebody else kmows the answer to that bit.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

The Best New Illustration and Graphic Design Talent from Brighton and Middlesex Universities

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros