Let us all know the answer

rawprawn 18:40 19 Aug 2004

click here is really good when a problem is solved that we all know the answer, it is the way we learn and if we do a search for a particular problem the answer is there.

rawprawn 19:12 19 Aug 2004

Oops click here

rawprawn 19:15 19 Aug 2004

Honest I'm not drunk, I have tried this 4 times now and the copy short cut is not working. I will investigate further.

rawprawn 19:18 19 Aug 2004

e more into the breach dear friends click here

rawprawn 19:22 19 Aug 2004

Yippee done it apart from missing onc out from once. Never mind thanks for your patience Valvegrid, I think it is one of those days.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:35 19 Aug 2004

Isn't it satisfying when a thread youv'e been posting appears with the tick and a word of thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 19 Aug 2004

I'll see if I can get this posted in the right thread.

Isn't it satisfying when a tick and a word of thanks appears in a thread you have been posting to?

/\0/\

rawprawn 19:57 19 Aug 2004

Careful I think whatever I've got may be catching

powerless 20:39 19 Aug 2004

With a Forum of this size...The information contained in it's database could probably fill a few books or a thousand.

The trick is knowing where to look in this book, at the beginning, in the middle, at the end. Now I've read a few books and they all have a Contents page or an Index and if your lucky a glossary.

But this forum [err and all the others as far as i know] does not have a contents or index page?

We have a SEARCH feature, "Search the archive. Your question may already have been answered!"

Whilst the same questions may get asked repeatedly each question in itself is unique. We do not know who posted the question, a beginner, the novice, aunt peggy, grandad and each answer will require a uniqueness about it. This answer will be tailor made to the person who is asking the question.

Using complex computing talk or "back to the floor" it all deopends on who is asking the question, sometimes you can tell, sometimes you cannot.

So whilst searching may give an answer it may not always be the best way to go about getting an answer.

Searching in itself is an art form, what words to use, what not to use. More experienced users know whats, what. Whereas others may not have a clue [we all have to start to somewhere].

Or something like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs