Lenovo Thinktank A70z Component Parts Disappearing

manrow 15:43 22 Dec 2015

I use a Lenovo Thinkcentre A70z desktop which has approx 19 inch screen. It generally works well and quickly compared to other computers I have of similar vintage - built 2010. A year ago when I bought it secondhand I wiped the hard-disk, reinstalled windows 7 and have now added Windows 10 which I am very pleased with. It has an internal DVD player/burner, and my main storage device other than the smallish internal hard-drive, is a Western Digital external hard-drive attached to my router. The annoying problem is that after a few hours use, and usually after hibernating for a while, it seems that the DVD player and external hard-drive cannot be found. Equally if an open document is attempted to save or the computer is asked to shutdown, a message appears saying cannot save as the connection to the original file is no longer available. Only a hard start or restart achieves the return of the 'missing' components. Any ideas on what is happening and how can I cure this problem please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 22 Dec 2015

try device manager - click on the devices

click on configure and open the Power Manager tab. In here you should see a tick box labeled 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' un tick this and exit.

manrow 20:33 22 Dec 2015

Thanks for the advice Fruit Bat, but does your answer apply to Windows 10, as my computer suggests not?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Designing a near-future Kowloon Walled City for Alita: Battle Angel

Microsoft brings Windows Defender ATP to the Mac

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique