Lenovo E50-00 Desktop power supply.

LastChip 15:25 13 Dec 2015
Answered

To cut a long story short, the power supply for the above computer has gone missing.

If any member here owns one, could you please give me the specification for the power supply? Try as I may, Lenovo's specification is rubbish and vague, making it almost impossible to identify the correct unit.

I need to know, voltage and current output - thanks.

bumpkin 16:12 13 Dec 2015

65W

LastChip 16:18 13 Dec 2015

Perfect, thanks bumpkin. Can you confirm it's a 20v output?

bumpkin 16:18 13 Dec 2015
Answer

65W 20V 3.25A or 90W 20V 4.5A

LastChip 16:21 13 Dec 2015

Thanks again bumpkin.

Secret-Squirrel 16:54 13 Dec 2015

Lenovo E50-00.........If any member here owns one, could you please give me the specification for the power supply?

Mine says "20V, 3.25A" and the Lenovo part number is: PA-1650-72.

Don't forget that it has a non-standard plug that looks a bit like a USB one.

LastChip 18:52 13 Dec 2015

Thanks Secret-Squirrel. Yes I know, that's the one thing that's different about them and make them less readily available than conventional round pin types.

However, I have now managed to source a couple, one in the UK which I need urgently and another from the far east, which will in future be a spare - just in case it walks again!

In fact, after bumpkin's helpful post, I found a little more information and it seems there are more than one type of E50-00 - hence the different power outputs. If it's a Pentium quad core (which as far as I can tell from the product code it is), then it ships (I believe) with a 90W power supply. If it's an over rating, I'm not fussed. Better to be over than under and having it cause random reboots. Particularly as this particular computer drives a commercial booth.

It's typical. It's my son's busiest time of the year and the damn thing chooses to go walk-abouts! I'll say no more about that ;-)

Thanks again to both of you for your contributions.

bumpkin 20:31 13 Dec 2015

This looks like what you need click here

Secret-Squirrel 08:08 14 Dec 2015

If it's a Pentium quad core (which as far as I can tell from the product code it is), then it ships (I believe) with a 90W power supply.

Mine's a quad-core Pentium too.

........... and it seems there are more than one type of E50-00

I'm glad you spotted that and it appears that the models with discrete graphics do ship with a more powerful power supply. Mine has on-board Intel graphics hence the 3.25A supply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?