Lenova keyboard won't work Windows 10

Dinah50 15:12 24 Aug 2019

Can't use the keyboard on Lenova laptop with windows 10

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:26 24 Aug 2019

Some more detail in your posts are required before we can help. I assume the keyboard is not responding? is the touch pad working? have you tried connecting a USB keyboard / mouse?

Have you just updated windows 10?

Dinah50 15:39 24 Aug 2019

No haven't updated windows 10. Have connected a mouse and that works. The touch pad does work. Yes keyboard does not respond. I did'nt know there was a USB keyboard but hoped to get the one it has working again. Thank you for your help

Dinah50 15:43 24 Aug 2019

No haven't updated windows 10. Have connected a mouse and that works. The touch pad does work. Yes keyboard does not respond. I did'nt know there was a USB keyboard but hoped to get the one it has working again. Thank you for your help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:51 24 Aug 2019

use the touchpad or mouse to navigate to device manager (right click start), have a look if there is an exclamation mark against the keyboard driver in device manager.

john bunyan 17:24 24 Aug 2019

Silly question but is keyboard battery ok?

Dinah50 17:38 24 Aug 2019

I can't see keyboard driver just keyboards and then just keyboard device. There are no explanation marks though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 24 Aug 2019

JB think it's a laptop

A quick try Start - Restart (not shutdown) does it work after the machine has restarted?

Dinah50 19:52 24 Aug 2019

I am sorry I don't know about a keyboard battery. It is plugged into the electricity.

Dinah50 05:19 25 Aug 2019

No I tried restart and it still does not work.

john bunyan 08:06 25 Aug 2019

Sorry, thought it was a separate wireless keyboard. That may be a possible short term solution. Or a wired one until you sort out the problem. Not expensive

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the Huawei Mate 30 launch live: Munich, September 19

Create live VFX

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Comparatif : Apple Watch Series 5 vs Series 4