length of message-how much text characters

end 01:59 25 Nov 2004

see this thread

click here

can someone post a reply to this thread with about 220 characters in it; I need to be able to judge how much text I am "allowed" for the form sections; and tell me at the end of the reply how many characters are there.....please....

I am desparing with this and will have to do it manually

Jackcoms 07:43 25 Nov 2004

220 characters! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccccccccccccccc dddddddddddddddd eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fffffffffffffffffffff gggggggggggggggggg hhhhhhhhhhhhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj kkkkkkkkkkkkk llllllllllllllll

lindyloo4 07:43 25 Nov 2004

Why don't you copy and paste the boxes into word and do a word count from there. It also counts characters and spaces. You could also write what you are intending to put in the boxes in word first, do a count - then if too many characters you can adjust from there.

From your post above I copied and pasted to word - from Can to manually you have 233 characters 290 with spaces.

Hope this helps

watchful 08:42 25 Nov 2004

^bump^

end 11:53 25 Nov 2004

it dont give me an awful lot of space,:(

what I want to say and what I can say on the form will be two completely different things at that rate;the drawing board just got changed:(

end 16:05 25 Nov 2004

have fought with this one; result; turned google pop-up blocker off, then able to see character count in document; had to go piece-meal thru document to change most entries to fit in with the lack of space ; the "blue-print" for the document is now "saved" on the web-site, so hopefully will not need to repeat this exercise, but merely ammend particular sections to fit in wiht the job requirements;

had a go at copy and paste, but drove me nutty, so eventually re-wrote the thing; at least now the basic is "held" on server::)))

now back to my spiders:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts