Lenevo thinkpad x260 won’t start up! Please help

Jadeby 11:16 25 Nov 2018

My lenevo thinkpad x260 won’t start up. It won’t go past the windows page. I have tried repair and starting from last good configuration but no joy. When starting in safe mode it loads up to classpnp.sys then freezes. My daughter was last on it and said she was just listening to music. I have been trying to get it started for weeks now and I am just going around in circles. Anyone have any idea what this is please. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:26 25 Nov 2018

What version of winds 7 or 10?

Jadeby 12:18 25 Nov 2018

Windows 7

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:11 25 Nov 2018

From command prompt run

sfc/ scannow

let windows scan for and replace missing system files type exit when its completed and then rebbot to see if it will boot normally.

Jadeby 15:37 25 Nov 2018

I tried this, I run in safe mode with command prompt then it started loading and froze on classpnp again. Thank you for trying to help me though

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 25 Nov 2018

Repair Install Windows 7

1. Start the Windows 7 and log on to administrator account

2. Disable the 3rd party antivirus, firewall or any such security program. These may interfere with the repair upgrade installation of Windows 7.

3. Load the Windows 7 installation DVD into the DVD drive. Now click on the Run Setup.exe option in the Autoplay window from within the currently installed Windows 7

4. Next click on the Install Now button to start the installation

5. Uncheck the I want to help make Windows installation better box. Following this click on the Go online to get the latest updates for installation option.

6. Windows 7 will search online to install any available installation updates.

7. Look for the I accept the license terms box and check it. Then click on Next.

8. Click on the Upgrade option, installation of Windows 7 will begin.

9. After the final restart a blank screen appears

10. Type in your Windows 7 product key number

11. Uncheck the "Automatically activate Windows" when I'm online box at the bottom, then click on the Next button.

12. Click on the Use recommended settings.

13. Choose your Time Zone. Set the time and date setting and click on the Next button.

14. Click on the option for your computer's location to select the correct network location type setting that has to be applied for the location.

15. Now Windows 7 prepares your desktop to startup

16. It's not over yet. Now, ensure that you are not missing any user files. In case some users files are missing copy them from the hidden protected operating system - C:\$INPLACE.~TR and C:\WINDOWS.~Q folders.

17. Run the Disk Cleanup. For this click on the Clean up system file button. After this check the Files discarded by Windows upgrade box.

18. Refresh the Windows Experience Index (WEI) score.

19. Activate the Windows 7

Jadeby 17:44 25 Nov 2018

I can’t get past the window logo screen when starting up. I have tried repair my computer and it loads then the screen goes blank and freezes. I think Inhabe to accept its unfixable, thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 25 Nov 2018

try from 3. above - boot from the windows DVd and follow the procedure from 3.

Jadeby 18:39 25 Nov 2018

Sorry I should have said before my windows is built in I think as there is no disc compartment on my laptop. I really appreciate u helping me thank u

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:04 26 Nov 2018

You can download and make a windows bootable USB from microsoft click here you will need your product key from the sticker on the bottom of the machine.

Jadeby 07:33 27 Nov 2018

Thank you so much for alll your help Fruit Bat. I will have to try get access to another laptop to do this, I will let you know how I get on, thank you for your time

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?