Latest Windows 10 update problem

wildhouse 14:53 13 May 2018

I have been unable to update properly to the Windows 10 Fall update (1709) for months now. When I first tried, my profile became a temporary one. I did not want to have to re-install Windows etc to try and get it back (I don't feel an update should remove my ability to use my PC) so I created a new profile and just used to old one for Admin needs (it is my Admin profile). So Windows threw the latest update at me a few days ago and I decided to go for it, hoping my profile might return. However, I am no longer getting the message that the update hasn't installed properly, but I appear to be on version 1709 - I thought the update was meant to go to the next version. Problem now - my Admin profile, although I can log-in and am not told it is a temporary profile anymore, I can do nothing. I can't click on the Start button and see anything, I can't type anything into the search box - it all seems to be unusable. Any advice would be welcomed (should I try and download the latest update from the Microsoft website and try again?). Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL