hi, my laptop is suddenly unable to wirelessly connect to the belkin router. my pc still has connection.
i reset the router, configured the settings that worked before, disabled zone alarm and my router security - this showed a connection called 'bromcom' (which surprised me since before now the connection was named belkin54g) i set up my router security settings on both pc and laptop after which the laptop lost the ability to see the connection. i disabled the security again but it still can't see 'bromcom'. what's going on??
Turn the Router and Computers Off. Restart router after about 2 mins leave until it connects. Then restart Desktop wait until it is fully booted then try Laptop. You may have to try this more than once
tried that a few times woodchip.....before now it's lost it's connection but all it required was for me to turn of the wireless lan and turn back on or restart laptop and the connection would return but this time it's a no go
sorted....i reset the factory default on the router and setup configuration again. working fine with all security now....as an aside i think the 'bromcom' thing has something to do with the school that i live next to. apparently it's an electronic class registration that works wirelessly. maybe i should let them know that it's unsecured!
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.