Laptop won't turn on after sudden shutdown?

Zanche 09:39 16 Dec 2018

Hey, I have an issue with my Asus laptop. It has an i5-7300HQ processor with a Nvidia gtx 1050 card. And 8 gigs of RAM. Yesterday it completely shut off and now I can't turn it on at all. At the time of the crash I was playing a game so it got warm, but then I heard a tick from the inside of the laptop, like a little click and it all went black. I pulled out the power cable thinking it was the issue and then I let it rest for an hour or so. When I came back it was completely "powerless", even the indicator lights weren't on and when I plugged the power cable back in, nothing happened either. The laptop itself is a bit less than 6 months old and ive never had problems with overheating, I have a cooler pad always running and a core temp regulation app that warns me when the temp is too high. It didn't warn me at all this time.

I already tried finding a solution myself but nothing really helped my case, I suspect a short circuit but I don't know where or what's the cause.

Does the warranty cover this type of issue? If not, I would really appreciate your help, so I can have an estimate of the repair costs before the service company sends me their repair offer.

Any and all help is welcome!

Zanche 00:20 17 Dec 2018

Thanks for the answer, will be taking it to the seller tomorrow, hopefully all goes well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)