Laptop won't load Windows 10

Vladimir Rendulic 10:49 18 Apr 2019

Hello again. I know it's weird that I'm here again after like 1 week but I've got a different problem. Last night while I was playing a game, I alt-tabbed out of it to change music. When I tried to get back into it, the screen was just white. I couldn't close it. Opened the task manager but the game was still taking up the whole screen(the game was in fullscreen by the way). After I couldn't do anything, I forcefully shut down the laptop by holding the power button. I did not turn the laptop after that. The next morning, I turn on the laptop, the laptop brand logo shows up and then a blank screen. Usually what would happen, Windows would load and then I would be taken to the login screen but Windows isn't loading at all. Anybody can help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:54 18 Apr 2019

Power on and power off after 5 seconds

repeat 3 times on fourth attempt let it continous to boot and it should boot to the windows repair menu where you can do a startup repair.

Vladimir Rendulic 11:58 18 Apr 2019

It isn't even loading the startup menu. Windows as a whole won't load.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 18 Apr 2019

You do not need the startup menu

3 failed boots (done by powering off after 5 seconds each time) will force windows to boot into the recovery / repair options on the 4th boot attempt.

Vladimir Rendulic 14:11 18 Apr 2019

Had my friend help me. We will clean the hdd and reinstall everything.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:57 18 Apr 2019

Unless you have a back up you will lose evrything.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)