Hot Topics

Laptop turns off during install and more..

rsturbo 11:37 23 Jan 2020

I had to reinstall my laptop, it powers off during install. When after many attempts it finally installs, it will power off unless i turn off all power saving options (even if i just say turn off screen after x mins) it only stays on if i turn off this as well. Any help would be most appreciated.

mrgrumpy 11:47 23 Jan 2020

This might be a dumb answer , windows updates seems to do odd things that you don't find out about until you have a problem.

Go into power setting for both screen and pc turn off and look at time on them , once on I never turn my pc off until I don't intend to use it again today so I have all power tabs set to never turn off.

howard64 12:41 26 Jan 2020

try removing the battery if possible sometimes these cause the problem you are having and just use the power supply

rsturbo 17:45 26 Jan 2020

Thanks for replies neither of these work. Its so strange laptop was working fine b4 hdd died i just cant get it to stay on long enough to install properly (i got instslled once but was getting freezing mouse pointer i tried win updates but it just powers off. Evwn if i try to install acer updates it still just powers off i have even changed adapter and still no joy

Pablo de Catio 19:49 26 Jan 2020

Take out power supply, take out battery and press the start button for 30 seconds to clear the cache.

Reconnect battery.

Govan1x 22:21 26 Jan 2020

Does it only have one of those small hard drives on it.Could it be a faulty Power supply. Not holding the charge maybe.

rsturbo 18:03 27 Jan 2020

Have tried taking out power source and battery, no it has standard 2.5" laptop hdd (which is brand new). Still no luck

difarn 18:20 27 Jan 2020

Is your operating system Windows 10? Have you got fast startup enabled? If so you could try disabling this to see if it has any effect.

Item 7 in this article.

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

How to draw an eye

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio pas chers (2020)