Laptop takes time before starting the boot

Abhijeet_nkt 15:54 01 Apr 2018

I have an Acer Aspire E15 573G Notebook which is pretty fast and not much old. Recently, when I installed my copy of Windows 10, it is taking more time than usual to start booting. I thought it was a problem with missing drivers, but even after I got them all installed, it continues to delay.

When I press the power button:

• The blue light indicating that the notebook is turned on glows up instantly

• The LCD display shows nothing behaving like its still not turned on

• After 1 mine or so, it starts booting up and Windows logo appears

I think the problem is with my OS and I should re-install it, but I need a confirmation as I'll need to backup my files and if it doesn't gets fixed after re-installing, I will get my time wasted.

Is it a hardware failure?

Please, I truly need help

rdave13 16:10 01 Apr 2018

You need to back up your files anyway. Always have a backup or three. When was the last time you rebooted rather than shutdown and booted up?

In CMD or Windows PoweShell (admin) run sfc /scannow. Check results. If nothing showing try Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in either CMD or PowerShell as admin. Reboot after running.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

The best backup software for Mac 2018

iOS 12 : comment créer et modifier des Memoji ?