laptop system update error problem

carnoustiejim 12:37 17 Mar 2019

hi I done a system restore on my Lenovo aio it is now saying please wait while we install a system update its been like that for about 12 hours can you help restore it and my files thanks for help kirriejim

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:03 17 Mar 2019

First try a Ctrl Alt DEl to see if you can get out of the stuck update.

restarting can break windows but that might be the next step with a startup repair.

wee eddie 13:43 17 Mar 2019

What was its original OS?

KEITH 1955 14:06 17 Mar 2019

I once rebooted a budget price w7 pc to factory settings , because it was a slow pc and I had to get literally dozens of Microsoft patches I remember thinking the pc was stuck , I put it on and even left it running overnight.

The best way to find out if it is stalling is to let it run then every so often count windows updates and patches that have been installed , if the number has increased every time you check it then it is doing something albeit very slowly

wee eddie 14:34 17 Mar 2019

Is it, perhaps, going into sleep during the Update

carnoustiejim 17:35 17 Mar 2019

hi tried as you all suggested no joy keeps being jammed on install system update os win10

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Les bons plans TV (2019)