Laptop Startup Black Screen with Mouse arrow

Agni Sen 15:13 29 Aug 2016

Hello. I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK. It runs windows 10 and I recently installed an update for Windows 10 (Anniversary Update 1607). Everything was working fine for a day. Today, I double clicked on FIFA 15 to play the game when I received an application error. I searched on the net, and found that restarting the machine easily solves the error. So restart I did. And the problem started. The first Lenovo screen appeared. And after it, a black screen appeared. Not fully back, but with a gradient, and I could move my mouse arrow. Nothing happened after that, it just got stuck there. I tried to press shift+F8 while starting and the repair menu came. I tried to go into safe mode, but the same problem persisted. I haven't tried opening the battery and pushing it back in again, because there is no separate battery chamber that can be opened in my laptop. To take out the battery, I would have to unscrew the whole of my back panel, which I am not touching since, the laptop is still in the warranty period, and I am afraid that opening the back lid may hamper with the warranty.

The laptop is only a few weeks old. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 29 Aug 2016

click here and make the media creation tool on USB using the instructions at the bottom of the page.

boot with the USB plugged in and use the repair options from there to either reset the PC or roll back to before the update.

download

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Release Date, Price & Spec

Robert Hunter talks animating his magical storybook style for a spaced out music video

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

Samsung Galaxy X : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique