LAPTOP STANBY HELP (battery?)

shauny36 09:53 07 Mar 2006

have just bought a second hand laptop, when i switch it on then after about 5-10 mins it gives 1 beep every 5 seconds for about a minute then shuts down and the stanby light flashes(pic of moon).
have left it for a hour and then switched it back on and the battery seems to be flat with only 3% charge(power settings) and starts beeping as soon as i switch it on but as soon as i plug the power lead in it stops bleeping.
has it anything to do with setting or is it a dodgy battery.

Jackcoms 09:56 07 Mar 2006

Discharged or dodgy battery.

Leave it on mains power for a few hours to see if that charges the battery.

De Marcus™ 10:45 07 Mar 2006

Being a second hand laptop I think it's fair to assume the battery has reached the end of it's usable/rechargeable life.

There are a few places you can get replacements, whether or not this is a viable option is up to you.

click here

click here

click here

click here

anchor 11:00 07 Mar 2006

I agree with De Marcus™. It is most probable that the battery has "had it".

You have a choice to either get a replacement battery, (usually they are expensive), or just use it on the mains.

shauny36 15:36 07 Mar 2006

charged it up for about 4 hours turned it on and the battery indicator said 99% then after about 5 mins it started bleeping and turned itself of so i switched it back on and the battery indicator said 3% so i t must be the battery, as it works ok on the mains.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?