Laptop specification

phil2816 21:13 19 Jul 2006

Hey whats the best specification of a laptop to have with the purpose of using it as a sound-type system..ie with good sound card etc...or in general whats a good (and affordable!) ;aptop to have?Thanks!!

De Marcus™ 21:27 19 Jul 2006

Any modern laptop coupled with one of these click here is a superb choice. The Echo Indigo is considered by many audiophiles to be the best available for laptops.

sean-278262 00:08 20 Jul 2006

Marcus is right any system coupled with a decent external soundcard will serve 99.99% of people fine. To be honest a cheap 30quid creative labs system will do you fine coupled with a cheap end laptop. But do beware if you spend little on the machine dont expect a lot. Low end laptops are renound for having slow hard drives, crap processors, little ram and overall poor running specs. Personally I would spend no less than 600 - 650 on a laptop for any task just to get a little bit more and be a bit more future proofed.

I spent 640 on my acer aspire and I am glad I forked out a little more as it has more than enough power for what I do which day to day isnt a lot but Im sure a lower machine would be a pain!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?