Laptop screen flickering when scrolling

collinsc 19:00 25 Feb 2019

My laptop screen is intermittently flickering. Has been happening when i scroll up or scroll down. Do i need to be nervous!? Its a Lenovo ideapad 310, only had about 1.5yrs. thanks!

wee eddie 20:19 25 Feb 2019

Just a thought. Are your Display settings "as recommended" - Right click while on Desktop

collinsc 20:55 25 Feb 2019

thanks, just checked yes they are as recommended.

collinsc 13:24 20 Jul 2019

update to this problem - it isnt when scrolling.. its when im on websites with videos... maybe my graphics card? can i get a new one? ive got a Lenovo ideapad 310 Thanks!

wee eddie 14:03 20 Jul 2019

I'm racking my brains because, I had a similar problem, many years ago.

The Graphics, on almost all laptops, is hard wired so rarely replaceable. I can remember that the graphics was not the problem, but check your Refresh Rate anyway.

Sorry not to be much help. If, what solved my problem comes to mind, I'll post it asap

wee eddie 14:04 20 Jul 2019

Could it be the Speed/Bandwidth of your Internet Connection?

collinsc 14:05 20 Jul 2019

thankyou! refresh rate = 60HZ Frame rateE = 60FPS

collinsc 14:09 20 Jul 2019

re speed/bandwidth- not sure :) not had a problem before! 8.75 is download 0.97 is upload another test though said 13.1 dl 1.0 upload response time = 23ms

wee eddie 14:47 20 Jul 2019

Are you using the Touchpad or a Mouse?

Whichever, give it a clean

collinsc 09:53 21 Jul 2019

touchpad. ok thanks ill give that a go. but the flashing happens when im not interacting with the screen. i can just be sat on a page with a video e.g. dailymail and the flickering happens and then the screen goes black and i have to close down the browser and reopen thanks

wee eddie 10:46 21 Jul 2019

Your Lappy could be overheating.

Their difficult to clean the dust out. Others will buy Cans of Air, I take a stiff brush to all the ports and then use a hair dried to blow as much dust away as I can

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)