Laptop randomly freezing after 10 mins of gaming

Denis Pop 18:54 30 Jan 2018
Answered

My laptop is totally freezing randomly when I'm playing a video games like CS:GO, Fortnire, even League of Legends now. I bought it like 3 or 4 months ago. When it freezes there's nothing I can do, no command works, the mouse is useless, I can do nothing. And not only the image is the one that freezes, but the sounds too, like the sound is on repeat for 0.5s or smth. I tried a lot of things, nothing works. I tried to reinstall the windows, still the same I run on windows 10 Intel Core I7 6700HQ x64, 2.5GHz, with turbo boost to 3.5, 8GB RAM memory (4 and 4)

alanrwood 18:59 30 Jan 2018
Answer

If you have completely re-installed Windows the the problem can only be hardware related. I would suspect overheating of the CPU so at this point I would remove the CPU fan and heat sink and replace the thermal paste between the two by using a good quality thermal paste. If that does not solve the problem repeat for the video card.

Aitchbee 19:18 30 Jan 2018

alanrwood, it's a laptop so not so easy to do what you describe.

Denis Pop 19:19 30 Jan 2018

I found this on my logs: Faulting application name: nvcontainer.exe, version: 1.6.2264.7232, time stamp: 0x598d715b Faulting module name: poco.dll, version: 1.7.6.0, time stamp: 0x58efb2c7 Exception code: 0xc0000005

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment savoir si quelqu'un a bloqué votre numéro de téléphone ?