Laptop and PC not connecting to new TP Link Router

indyjholtzmann 18:48 15 Mar 2019

Hi everyone, looking for some help after seemingly unable to find help anywhere else.

Yesterday, I bought a TP Link router to replace our BT Smart Hub at home. I plugged it all in and got it going. The first issue arose when I was unable to open up the router configuration on my HP laptop using both Chrome and Edge (via wifi).

Instead, I got it working on my Samsung phone and was able to configure the router with no issues. From here I'd managed to get the router working with our Sky Box, Xbox One, PS4, wireless HP printer, and another Samsung phone.

The router still would not work with my laptop. It'll work when it's plugged in via ethernet but does not like the wi-fi. My desktop PC also will not work with it. They both connect to the router but cannot load any web pages. If I try to load something, it comes up first saying that the site can't be reached before then bringing up the no Internet page despite my laptop saying that it's connected to the router and Internet is available.

I've searched and run a ton of things (ipconfig) through the command prompt and nothing has helped. Computer resets and router resets also have not resolved the issue. I am using the correct ip address.

Does anyone know what I can do? I don't really want to switch back to our BT hub as that is not working as it should.

Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?