Laptop not responding on desktop

Jammer412 18:34 30 Jul 2019

I start my laptop up it opens up but the desktop is black theres only a recycle bin and i cant press anything i click them and nothing happens

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 30 Jul 2019

operating system? windows 10?

do you input a password / pin to get to the desktop or does it boot straight to the desktop?

try right click on desktop - click refresh, does this make any difference?

or Start - power - restart (not shutdown), does this make a difference?

Jammer412 18:54 30 Jul 2019

Windows 10, i put in a password it takes a while to boot up then when i get on it says location is not available and im left with a black screen

jerrybluenose 18:55 30 Jul 2019

Ubuntu loaded ok! "Yippee" thought I. Going out in the rain now, I'll try loading Windows again tomorrow. Jerry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:34 30 Jul 2019

jerrybluenose think you posted in the wrong thread

Jammer412 follow the instructions at
click here

Jammer412 19:43 30 Jul 2019

I would do that but i cant press anything at all i click the home button bottom left and nothing happens. Currently trying a restore thanks for your help

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)