Laptop not recognizing my usb hard-drive

triumphtr25w 13:14 04 Mar 2018

Dell Inspiron 15 running Win 10 . Upto date . Plug in my Usb hard-drive which used to work until I did a restore on my system . Now when plugged in all I get is beep . Same as my flash-drive . The Device manager shows it as a VirtualDisk SCSI Disk Drive. When I go into Disk management it shows Disk 1 , Unknown , Not initialized. Yet the initialize is Greyed out. Any Help Please ?. Mike.

wiganken2 16:56 04 Mar 2018

Try checking for Windows updates. Also try IoBit Driver booster (free version) to update any old drivers (make sure that IoBit doesn't install anything except itself by unchecking any extras it may want to install by default).

triumphtr25w 16:59 04 Mar 2018

Hi wiganken2 Have run update , reinstalled drivers , will try other suggestion . Thanks Mike

rdave13 17:19 04 Mar 2018

Try a reboot, not a shutdown, of windows 10 as that will force 10 to reload drivers afresh rather than using fast startup.

triumphtr25w 17:40 04 Mar 2018

Hi wiganken2 This did not work . Thanks anyway. Mike

triumphtr25w 17:41 04 Mar 2018

rdave13 Done that thanks no difference. Cheers

Cleantechsolutionz 21:47 04 Mar 2018

Contact www.fiverr.com/writingbank7

She and her tech team helped me with the same problem last week. They are extremely good

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)