Laptop not connecting to wifi

Mattmcf 13:38 23 Oct 2016

Product Name: HP Envy m6 Notebook PC Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) Last night and for as long as I've had my laptop the wig has worked fine. I turned it on this morning and it won't connect to wifi and I desperately need it. I've done a troubleshoot and it says a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. I don't plug anything in so I assume it's broken but don't know how to fix this? Also, there's a crack in the back of my laptop and I'm not sure if this has something to do with it has it may be pulling internal components out but I'm not sure. Please help fast as this is urgent, thanks

difarn 17:33 23 Oct 2016

The error message about network cable not plugged in relates to an ethernet cable. Have you tried connecting an ethernet cable to see if you have a connection and then removing this and trying your wifi connection again? Have you tried deleting your wifi connection and trying to re-connect? I assume that you have checked that the wifi switch hasn't accidentally been switched off?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf