laptop making weird loud sounds

Moez Amira 11:21 18 Mar 2018

Hi, My grandmother's laptop is making weird loud sounds , i feel like the source of the problem is the microphone ( the sound gets even louder when i type a key near the microphone), her laptop keeps making these sounds even when there is no app/software launched ! how can i fix this ?

Dan1379 15:51 18 Mar 2018

A microphone is unlikely to 'making' the sound. Does this sound appear to be coming from the speakers?

When does the noise start, after turning on the laptop?

Does the laptop have a HDD or SSD?

bumpkin 21:30 19 Mar 2018

with little information I would think feedback.

sallink 09:09 20 Mar 2018

Im not sure if the what I am thinking is true, because its too easy, but did you by any chance check the sound in the manager? If you are using Windows it could be that she somehow selected the high...

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?