Laptop gpu broken for over a year now

Dominik549 15:43 13 Mar 2019

I have and Acer e5-774G-754Y it has an i7 7500u cpu,8gb of ddr4 ram and here is the problem an nvidia gtx 950m its a pretty good gpu dont get me wrong but before a year or so i noticed the laptop took longer to respond from sleep mode and after that the gpu just went wild spinning the fan doing absolutely nothing. Task mngr says its a system interupts program and it took 99% cpu load too, after few minutes it frezees and then I have to restart it. I have managed to install windows 10 a few times to try to fix the problem but nothing, i have to force disable the gpu in the device mngr so I can use the laptop normally. I think windows update fucked my gpu somehow so i tried later versions but not that much late tho, I also tried putting the whole mobo into the oven and that didnt help aswell so im looking for some suggestions to try anything that could work. (I have a multimeter but not so much exp with it,myb the vram has gone bad and I can check it somehow ?)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?