Hot Topics

Laptop doesn't recognize SSD drive

dangerus1 09:40 20 Feb 2017

I have a Packard Bell NoteBook the HDD of which I'm trying to replace the old 120GB HDD with a 60GB SSD, this was formatted and I'm trying to install Win7 via a USB. The problem is when I get to the stage where I'm asked where I would like to install it nothing shows, just clear no options at all. The message I get is "there might be something wrong with a recent hardware installation" I have checked the fitting and it is Ok. I have tried putting it back in it's caddy where it was recognized using another PC, I loaded a few music files on it and it was OK, accepted and played. Reinstall in the Packard and same thing happened. Sorry to be so long winded but I'm completely flummoxed.

Bris 20:43 22 Feb 2017

Please ignore my last sentence, I meant that maybe your laptop hardware is not W7 compatible.

You said that the laptop has a Vista sticker on it. Is that what you have installed on your HDD?

If so you could try booting up using your HDD and then running the W7 compatibility tool click here. If you already have W7 on your HDD then just ignore my ramblings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 10 Launches Globally: Price, Release Date, Specs and more

Best Free, Deep Discounted tools for artists and designers 2020

How to get Apple's Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro free

Qwant moteur de recherche par défaut sur les derniers Huawei