laptop doesnt boot from USB

pinchazumos 23:31 30 Oct 2015

Hi folks. I've been trying to install windows7 from an old USB on a friend's laptop, but it just ignores it and boots like its not even plugged. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, the old problem about boot priority, just go to the BIOS and mark USB as the first boot option...But it isnt that, I already did it. So we know that the problem its not about detecting the USB, it simply ignores it. Just in case someone asks, the USB works perfectly in every other computer I've tried therefore the USB itself isn't the problem. Of course I've also tried every other USB port in the laptop too, so we can assume thats not the problem either. Please, any other suggestions? I'm desperate, I don't know what else to try. Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:46 30 Oct 2015

the usb drive may work but it needs to be made bootable before the BIOS will boot from it. click here

pinchazumos 00:14 31 Oct 2015

I'm sorry I might have explained it wrong, when I said it works perfectly on other computers, I meant it booted just fine on them. And yes, I did use RUFUS to make it bootable.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:09 01 Nov 2015

try disabling all the other boot devices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD