Laptop charger advice - Asus K55A

kidwispa1 11:12 24 Jul 2018

Hi,

My current laptop charger stopped working earlier today and I have very little battery left on my laptop. I've got a DJ gig tomorrow and needed to get on my laptop in order to sort some music and I'm worried that the replacement I've ordered won't turn up in time.

I have got a charger at work for a different laptop that seems to have the same connection but I'm worried that it might damage my laptop - can you please advise if this will work?

Current Charger Input: AC100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 1.5A Output: +19V, 4.74A

Work Charger Input: 100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 1.7A Output: 19.5V, 6.15A

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Secret-Squirrel 12:54 24 Jul 2018

Current Charger Input: AC100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 1.5A Output: +19V, 4.74A

Work Charger Input: 100-240V~, 50-60Hz, 1.7A Output: 19.5V, 6.15A

.........................can you please advise if this will work?

Providing the polarity is the same then your work charger will work just fine. Its extra 0.5V output won't make any difference.

jameelriaz 13:11 24 Jul 2018

Hello, if the one you ordered cannot make it on time, then i recommend you can use the other one that is available to you.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9