Laptop battery power reserve check?

Wilham 13:24 15 Jan 2006

I suppose I have done well to have the original NiMH battery in my Sharp laptop five years after buying it new, perhaps because I normally use it on the mains adaptor.

A recent check run on the NiMH lasted for 5 min, but a recharge increased the run-time to 10 min., and subsequent discharge/charge cycles improved the reserve, now about 30 min. but 'sit and stare' puts me to sleep.

Does anyone know of a s/w program I can run that will store how long the laptop runs before cutting out?

Otherwise I shall run an analog quartz clock from the laptop USB output volts, and read elapsed time from the dial hands. But a s/w solution will be simpler.

PaulB2005 13:28 15 Jan 2006

Control Panel, Power Options. You should have options for alarms to be set when the battery gets to certain levels (i.e. 10% and 3%). Charge up, switch on, note time, put laptop next to you, watch TV / read paper etc and listen for the alarms.

Wilham 14:54 15 Jan 2006

PaulB2005: Unfortunately I'm hard of hearing, only wear my hearing aid when essential, so not much TV, and anyway I'm not keen carrying around the laptop. (NiMH is heavy).

I appreciate your kind thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?